If you’re like us, you love this time of year because of all things pumpkin. These gluten free, dairy free Spicy Pumpkin Donuts are sure to be a hit! 🍩🎃
½ cup melted coconut oil or ghee
1 egg (for egg free use 1 TBSP ground flax meal + 2 TBSP warm water; let soak 5 minute before using)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 TBSP pure vanilla
¾ cup sugar or coconut sugar
1 ½ cup cassava flour or gluten-free flour blend of your choice
1 tsp xanthan gum (if your flour blend doesn’t contain it)
2 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ - 1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
½ tsp soda
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. In a mixer beat together the wet ingredients.
3. In a separate bowel whisk together all the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well blended. The dough with be thick.
5. Grease donut or small muffin tins well and scoop and press the dough into the molds.
6. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes
7. Reduce the heat to 350 and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
8. Remove immediately from pans and let cool on a cooling rack.
9. In a mixer, mix the coconut milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
10. Pour glaze over donuts once they are cool.
¼ tsp ground cinnamon, apple pie spice, or nutmeg
½ tsp vanilla
4 TBSP coconut full fat coconut milk (preferably refrigerated)
1 TBSP pure maple syrup
1 cup powdered sugar
1 - 1½ tsp lemon juice